Saturday, April 2, 2011

Auspicious April

I texted my sister-in-law A that I had been offered the job.  She called me up all excited, but instantly recognized the less-than-enthusiastic tone in my voice.  I told her, "I need you to smack me upside the head" and she replied "I can do that."  She then proceeded to verbally smack me upside the head, but in this amazing way where I don't feel like crap afterward.  I know that this is more about my self confidence being shaken by the really bad job in Vancouver I took last fall.  And the only way to get it back is to face the problem.  So I emailed Dr.A back and accepted the job.  *lots of deep breaths going on over here*

Scott got home safely from a wildfire today.  They got paged out last night and he has been been out fighting it all night, clocked something like 14 hours.  I know this is going to sound morbid, but we love wild-fire season in our house.  It really helps to supplement Scott's paycheck.  And it's what he really wants to do.  I'm still surprised that firefighting is as competitive as it is.  He is heading out to Washington at the end of April to begin the interview process for Tacoma Fire so it would be an absolute dream come true if he got through this stage.

And then on one final, awesome note I got my Chocobuddy pairing today :D  :D  :D  WoopWoop! *doing a terrible 90's white-girl celebration dance*  I can't wait to go to the store and pick something out for her!!!

The sun in shining (big surprise here, I know, but I'm feeling the springtime-ness), took the dogs for a walk and they are happy, and I think April is going to be a good month.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats on the new job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it! I'm glad you took the job - I saw the post a bit late but I was going to say that I think it's more your lack of confidence than anything else - and worst-case scenario, if you don't love it, it can always be a bridge to something else. So - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you feel April is going to be a good month... mommyodyssey is so right - it's a confidence boost to get this job offer and you can see where it leads you :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay for the new start, Kira! FWIW, I think Lent is always a time for the apprehension and anxiety to take over. Great job overcoming it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I start tomorrow - scary but I know I'll survive :)

    ReplyDelete