Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fill In The _________

I figured I needed to write something new so here's what I've been up to, the last two days.  Waking up at 4:30 in the morning to drive over to my friend A's, so she can get to her early shift at work by 5, and watch my Godson J... and "his" 6 (7?) week old puppy named Loki.  I'm not sure which is more exhausting.  (I think it's the dog)

Since I get there so early I crash on the couch for a couple hours until J wakes up and starts his "I'm hungry and awake!" noises.  I also try to remember to take the puppy out every hour to minimize the amount of messes I clean up.  After J is up for 2-3 hours he goes down for a nap until lunch time.  I absolutely adore my Godson and really enjoy my time spent over here (plus the inevitable time A and I get to spend once she gets home around 2-3.  She was one of my bridesmaids and is one of Scott's oldest friends)  In a lot of ways, A and I couldn't be more different.  When it comes to opinions of parent relationships (as in how we view our own parents, not parenting J), theology, how many pets is too many.... But I absolutely luv her.  We've had some great debates on all these topics and more and usually just come to a place where we agree to disagree but it hasn't ever hurt our friendship.  She knows me so well, and I know her so well, we can have entire paragraphs of information transmitted via a look. 

She has always been really supportive of me and all the random things I do.  I just really appreciate having her in my life.  And getting crazy-fun-days with J :)

Other than that, last night Rachel and the person that introduced us - Elizabeth! - had a girls night and ate salads and watched "Due Date" with Robert Downer Jr.  It was nice to just hang out, inevitably the conversation turned to relationships (hello, what girls night doesn't???) and there was a good amount of laughter.  There was an impressive absence of chocolate and ice cream, which is all for the better really.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit I have a LOT of random thoughts bumping around my head today but I don't want to write them all out.  Part of it is that some of it I have written before.  And since my blog is only a few weeks old, nothing I have written was THAT long ago.  Part of it I can't really put into words in a way that I would like it to.  So I guess I'll keep contemplating and write it out as I figure out how. 
My train-of-conciousness goes something like this: 

My friends (T, L, Elizabeth, E.M., M.G., ....) A, J, Rachel (happy, hope, optimism), talking with Father M (Not sure what that will look like and the unknown is scary), Scott, babies, babies and more babies, J, A....  throw in random thoughts about what the heck are we going to do when our lease ends and how I really need to find a new job.... and that's what's going on in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment