A little fun and frivolity...
I've been tagged by Josey at http://mycheapversionoftherapy.blogspot.com/
Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (ok, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family? Yes I have animals. And while they do occasionally sleep on my bed, they are most definitely animals. My oldest dog is 12 and has pretty sever arthritis. I am constantly watching him for signs of discomfort that his current medication is no longer working and we will humanely euthanize him. To try to keep them alive while miserable because we can't say goodbye is far less humane. As a a veterinary technician I see animals suffering because their owners see them as "members of the family". And I've seen people put their own children in danger because they can't see how dangerous their dogs are because they think of their dogs as their "babies". Sorry, soapbox...
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Besides having a healthy baby? Twins!
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Buy a new car. And a cute little house. And a horse! And a new car for my friend B. Maybe a big vacation since Scott and I haven't been on a real vacation since our honeymoon. Padagonia, the UK, Germany, Russia....
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Talking to my best friend E, my hubby calling me "babydoll", horseback riding (when the opportunity arises), singing, a shower w/ candles and aromatherapy.
5. What is your bedtime routine?
Depends on whether Scott is home or not, but let the dogs out one last time, use bathroom, brush teeth, let dogs back in, sit in bed and either read or surf the web for a bit, then put on my "sleep" play list on my iTunes.
6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other?
Met our first year of college back in fall of '03. Started dating December '03. And we just kept making it work :)
7. What kind of books do you read?
Looooots. Most recently the Black dagger Brotherhood series, Sookie Stackhouse series, currently reading an anthropological work titled "Birthing a Mother" about surrogacy in Israel. I also enjoy religious/theological books.
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
That would make me 35 so... hopefully with kids, a house and a job I am enjoying working at.
9. What’s your fear?
As in my greatest fear? Falling from a tall height but not dieing immediately on impact, having to lay there in agony and die slowly. General fears, I don't like spiders.
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
Well, I hate flying in a normal plane, so I think a space ship would be even worse so.... seeing space isn't really listed on my "bucket list" so I will go with no. But there are other things I would give up junk food for.
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Let the dogs outside, pee, step on the scale, write the number on the calendar to track my weight loss.
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
I wish he would help out with chores more. But I know it's a guy thing...
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
Nah, I like my name. Although I remember in the 1st grade wishing my name was "Zebra" What was I thinking?! Hahahaha!
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
I would choose rain :) I miss the Northwest, nice temperate climate and plenty of green.
15. If you could have one skill that you don't currently have, what would it be?
I wish I was better with budgeting. And making soup.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I'm copying this from Josey because she summed it up so well: The friendships and support and understanding you all have for my (our) situations. You're amazing.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Sweet. But not too sweet.
18. What items are in your purse right now?
wallet. eyeglasses. sunglasses. pen. random assorted receipts.
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
Beach. I grew up boating and miss it!
20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
Technically we don't have cable so anything I watch I have to watch via internet, or rent the DVD's. I probably shouldn't watch any of it, but here is my guilty pleasure list: America's Next Top Model, Hellcats, Big Bang Theory, True Blood... I've seen snippets of Vampire Diaries and How I Met Your Mother and think I would like to watch those too.
The four people I tag are: Um, I don't know enough people in blogland yet to tag them. So feel free to do this just for fun :)