Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Mutual Friend"

Can I start by saying how honestly and truly tired I am of having to write on this subject.  But as it continues to come up in my household it continues to be at the forfront of my mind and so it is what I end up writing about.

I was made aware today that my roommate denies reading my blog, but that a "mutual friend" does and then passes on the topics I talk about to her.

I was really surprised to learn this.  So this message is meant for whoever this person may be.  If you don't agree with me, I would greatly appreciate you approaching me and talking with me about it.  I'm not interested in having a bunch of "yes men" pretending to support me while not actually supporting me.  Scott and I had a discussion today where he didn't agree with something and while I was surprised I would rather he be honest with me then lie to me.  Sometimes it is a simple matter of clarifying something, and sometimes it means agreeing to disagree.  But either way, I would like to talk to you.  It's what friends do.

On the fertility front, I'm anxious for Rachel to hit cycle day one so we can start planning for the next cycle.  And I hope to get to hang out with her, due to scheduling we haven't gotten to hang out at all and I miss her! *Squoze hug* to my wonderful friend!

And on the silly front, we are coming to the end of season one of Star Trek and I'm looking forward to season two.  I'm becoming an addict, I can tell :D  But don't worry, I wont consider naming my baby Spock or anything.  Although I did jokingly "yell" at my dad for him not showing us these episodes growing up (we watched all kinds of old TV shows, does anybody remember the black-and-white Zorro show??) but not Star Trek.  He laughed and said that even when they came out and were the best of the technology, it was still cheesy.  I explained that is what is so fun about it!  Oh we had a good laugh...

4 comments:

  1. We used to watch the old Zorro! That and Rin Tin Tin were favorites :).
    Sorry you're still having trouble with the roommate :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having so many issues with "real life" people finding this blog and being unsupportive. If they don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all (and quit reading your private blog!).

    I LOVE Star Trek - my Mom was totally a trekkie growing up, so I've seen many an episode. :)

    Hoping this next cycle works for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminiscing with me about old shows... :)

    Had a great afternoon with Rachel, her boyfriend Matthew and Scott. Just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand that mindset... being supportive to your face and then being completely unsupportive when discussing you with others. Grr!!

    I remember watching those old Lone Ranger episodes on Sunday mornings when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete